Last weekend, Will and I had a great time visiting the Griffith Observatory! We hadn’t planned on it but one of our photography clients requested the location for their family photo shoot.
Since we both had never been there (crazy right?) we decided to grab some Starbucks and head out early to scope it out.
The view is amazing. There are tons of hiking trails and picnic spots throughout the surrounding park. It’s a perfect date spot, reading spot, and yoga spot….if you’re into that. I wish I was, Yoga and I are sort of frenemies.
I love visiting new places, even if they’re only new to me and not the whole world. Lol. I’ve played with a few different ideas of how to include “local” travel into the blog but haven’t settled on anything yet.
Do you like reading about local spots worth visiting? What if they were geared toward my fellow couples, and focused on being “date night worthy”? Lol.
It’s Sunday night and I’m sitting in the middle of the kitchen trying my best to help my fiancé with our weekly meal prep while also typing up this post. Lol.
This is sort of how it is lately, lots to do each day and only 24 hours to do it in! This is the life of an engaged couple. It’s exciting, emotional, blissful and….. CRAZY BUSY.
One of our biggest goals right now is to establish a healthier lifestyle and get in shape for the wedding (and the rest of our lives!).
It’s definitely tough to make healthy choices when you’re out and about. Especially once you start to feel tired and drained. Luckily, we’ve found a delicious and healthy way to boost our energy and our spirits while on the go!
Del Monte has come out with an awesome new drink. Each bottle of their Pure Earth Juice is made with fresh Del Monte Gold pineapples and contains zero additives of fillers. Every single bottle is 100% real juice, not concentrate.
All of the flavors are incredibly tasty, my personal favorite is the pineapple, blueberry, blackberry one. I honestly felt refueled and refreshed after enjoying my mid-day drink!
I know that a lot of you out there reading this are likely just as busy as we are lately. If you’re not planning a wedding than you’re probably busy with work, family activities, or maybe you’re even on your way to earning a graduate degree. Either way, we all could use a little boost of healthy goodness during our day.
To help you experience these juices first hand, here’s a $1 off coupon: Pure Earth Coupon
Also feel free to browse Del Monte’s site for more info: Click Here
Thanks for stopping by today! I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these new juices. Don’t be afraid to get creative and try something fun with them, they’d be amazing blended with ice!
I’ve decided to try picking monthly themes because one, it sounds really fun! And two, I have a feeling it will help keep a stream of fresh posting ideas flowing through me.
For February I chose a somewhat obvious theme, love. I’m so original. Lol. But I mean, how could I not pick love?! Thanks to Valentine’s Day, love related discussions are dominating the internet right now.
So for today’s post, I decided to share a list of things I love, my February favorites! I like them year round, I’m just highlighting them this month…in case you wondering…Lol. If you haven’t already experienced something on the list, I strongly encourage you to check it out! Think of this as a list of super awesome things worth trying.
1. Yogi Tea: These teas have so much flavor that it’s easy to skip the sugar. My favorite so far is their Green Tea Super Antioxidant. It helps me digest meals easier while also giving me some extra energy.
2. Bashan Restaurant: Located in Glendale, Ca, this small unassuming restaurant offers the most delicious selection of French/American faire I have EVER tasted. If you’re a foodie and live in the area you absolutely must drop by for dinner or one of their mind blowing 7-course tastings.
3. Drop Dead Diva: TV show gold. I’m incredibly late to the game but after stumbling upon Drop Dead Diva one lazy Sunday afternoon, I have happily binged watched it whenever I have free time. It’s light hearted enough to put you in a good mood, dramatic enough to keep you wanting more, and presents you with plenty of entertaining cases to satisfy your inner lawyer.
4. The Shack: A book that effortlessly fills you with hope and peace. I loved the spiritual journey that I went on page by page. William P. Young’s words resonated with me deeply. I love the questions this book makes you ask yourself about God, religion, and your fellow man.
5. The Edge of Tomorrow: Not everything I consume is extremely deep and thought-provoking. In fact, the majority of what I enjoy isn’t. Lol. This film was simply tons of fun to watch. If you haven’t seen this Tom Cruise alien war movie yet, you need to get on it. Pronto!
That was fun. I’m totally feeling this “love” theme we’ve got going on. It’s going to be exciting to see where it takes us this month.
Just talking about things you love can put you in a better mood. That being said, I’d love it if you shared one of your favorites with me in the comment section below. It can be a movie, a recipe, a book, or anything else you love. I can’t wait to see all the great things I need to check out!