I’m so happy to be sharing an outfit post today. I love sharing outfit inspiration and chatting about style with you. My goal is to get back doing this more because I want the blog to be more focused so that you know exactly what to expect and you can find the info you need!
I’ll continue to sprinkle in lifestyle posts (cooking, wedding, travel, etc.) just to keep things fresh and fun but you’ll definitely notice Love, Niki returning to it’s style blogging roots! I’m pretty thrilled about and I think you’re going to love it!
I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for P.A.N. Cornmeal. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
I’m excited to share a delicious P.A.N. Cornmeal recipe with you today! I hope it inspires you to get into the kitchen and experiment with this Venezuelan pantry staple.
It’s always fun to explore culturally new ingredients, especially when you know that it’s an ingredient that is popular all over the globe.
I’m a major foodie so I get tingly when I think about tasting a dish for the first time. And after checking out the P.A.N. cornmeal site (HERE) I realized that there are about a million drool inducing recipes that feature cornmeal! Continue Reading
*I was gifted with a JORD Wood Watch for review purposes*
This watch is made of wood! How cool is that?!
I always get excited when I see a new take on something classic. It sort of like the first time someone serves you soup inside of a pumpkin or squash. You’re surprised, delighted, and a little bewildered.
You mean this whole time I could have turned a basic ingredient into a serving dish?! Cue the twilight zone music.
That’s how I felt when JORD wood watches first contacted me. A wood watch you say, huh? Well I guess that could be kind of….**opens site**… gimme gimme gimme!
As soon as my watch arrived, and I should mention that it arrived perfectly sized because JORD offers complimentary sizing with your purchase (score!), I had to show it to my dad. He’s an Electrician/Carpenter and has a soft spot for intricate wood-working.
He totally drooled over it! And the funny thing is, he’s not even super into watches. I guess that makes sense when you get up before the sun for work, you probably don’t want to know what time is.
Even though I was the one testing out the wood watch, I instantly knew what a great gift it would make for a Dad. It’s masculine, unique, and it’s pretty impressive. That’s not to say it’s not also a great watch for a female, because it is. I absolutely love it. I just know that a lot of us are currently focused on Father’s Day shopping.
If you’re still trying to figure out what to get your dad, I suggest you check out JORD Wood Watches.
No matter what you decide to get your pops this year, the most important thing is to appreciate the time you have with him. Not everyone will get t hug their dad this Father’s Day so be sure to hug yours!
Today’s post features the work of a talented young photographer by the name of Bryan Arce. We had a lot of fun shooting our save the date photos with him. He was professional, easy to talk to, and you can tell that he loves what he does! And I might sound like an old grandma when I say this, but I get really excited when I see young adults on the right path. It’s easy to lose your way these day so major Kudos to you Mr. Arce!
I asked Bryan to share his thoughts and top 5 tips for engagement photos so keep reading to find out what he had to say. You’ll also find all of his contact info and a link to the rest of our photo session, at the bottom of the post.
BRYAN ARCE PHOTOGRAPHY
The Engagement Photo Shoot: The engagement session is very important for a couple who is taking the next step into marriage. As a couple who likely has never been professionally photographed before, the engagement session is a valuable tool every couple should utilize or insist upon. It is the first time you get to meet your wedding photographer and begin build a relationship with him/her. This is helpful because on the day of your wedding you will be familiar and more comfortable in front of the camera!
Top 5 Tips:
1. HAIR AND MAKE-UP: Although you can get away with doing your hair and make-up yourself, I always suggest doing your hair and makeup done professionally. It’ll makes a difference.
2. OUFIT SELECTION: Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Match, but don’t match completely. (Matchy Twins = No Wins)
3. LOCATION: Choose a location that has a meaning to you as a couple. Maybe you met at a particular location or have a special place that you like to go together.
4. APPOINTMENT TIME: Photography is all about having great light. I always schedule my engagement sessions about an hour to an hour and a half before the sun sets. That way you get that amazing afternoon light, an awesome sunset shot, and some night shots as well. Scheduling it too early means you don’t get the changes in light and your entire engagement session looks like one long shoot. Whereas doing it near sunset you get two or three different looks as far as light goes.
5. TRUST YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER: This is the MOST important one! Treat your engagement session like a little date, relax and enjoy the time spent together. It’s totally okay to be nervous… don’t try to hide it, laugh it out!