I went, I ate, I conquered.
Every Sunday from 10am-4pm (winter hours) you can enjoy Smorgasburg, an outdoor LA market filled with food, craft, and beverage vendors. There is no admission fee and parking is free for the first 2 hours! Free is word that rarely applies to anything in Los Angeles so be sure to take advantage of this one.
Another major perk is how big the space is (5 acres) and how minimal the crowd feels. I can deal with crowds pretty well but given the choice I would opt for lots of open space and fewer people. #IntrovertProlems
So here’s everything you need to know.
- Smorgasburg LA is now open every Sunday, 10am-4pm
- Although winter crowds are small, it can get packed
- You can learn about venders here but there’s no guarantee that your fav vendor will be there each week
- The address: 785 Bay St. Los Angeles, CA 90021
- Smorgasburg LA is part of a new development project called ROW DTLA
And now for the most important question of all, was it worth the hype?
Smorgasburg LA totally lives up to the hype! Especially if you’re a foodie.
I couldn’t taste everything because my wallet and stomach are not endless but I was able try a fair amount of things. Here’s what I highly suggest ordering on your next visit:
- Visit the Jolly Oyster truck and order a few Kumamoto oysters. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and lime caviar to each for the most amazing bite of seafood heaven!
- Stop by POPDUP+ for a refreshing jar of tea. Order the (seasonal) B&B tea and prepare yourself for a sweet and flavorful drink that will help keep you hydrated as you peruse the rest of the market.
- If you love the taste of doughy homemade crust, order a personal pizza from URBN Pizza
- A tad pricey, but totally delicious, get yourself an order of mozzarella sticks from Big Mozz. These hand-made fresh mozzarella sticks are super tasty, crunchy, and cheeeeesy.
- Are you big on wings? Don’t miss out on the sweet and sticky wings from Banh Oui. The fresh cilantro really takes them to the next level.
And of course, I also have to share my outfit details for this outing. I rocked a comfy athleisure inspired look.
Beanie: Windsor (old)
Jacket: Spectrum Hooded Anorak Jacket c/o Tobi
T-Shirt: Whisper Cotton V-Neck Pocket Tee from Madewell
Leggings: Black Stretch Leggings Express (similar)
Must Have: Polaroid 300 Instant Camera (so obsessed with this right now!)
I had a ton of fun on this LA adventure. Any suggestions on what to check out next? Let me know in the comments!