The LA County Fair provided me with compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are mine.
Summer may be coming to an end but that has not stopped the sun from coming out in full force! Typical L.A.!
Since it’s been so hot, I wanted to share a few fashion tips for beating the heat and maximizing comfort when you visit the L.A. County Fair. I don’t want you to miss out on all the fun just because Mr.Sun is blazing!
Also, I took these outfit shots right outside the Wonderland exhibit. You’re definitely going to walk through it!
SHOW YOUR FEET SOME LOVE
Nothing will ruin your day at the fair quicker than painful shoes and sore feet! You’re going to want to wear a pair of shoes that offer you plenty of support and let your feet breathe. A lot of athletic tennis shoes have breathable fabric these days but you can also wear cute sandals!
If you go the sandal route, opt for a pair with a thick cushion sole. This will help with all day comfort and prevent you from feeling the heat of the pavement.
CHOOSE YOUR OUTFIT WISELY
When it comes to choosing your outfit, there are a few important things to keep in mind:
- You’re going to be walking around for a few hours which means you’ll want to avoid tight, restrictive clothing.
- You can’t go wrong with lightweight, breathable fabrics. (Just bring a light jacket if you plan to stay late or attend one of these awesome concerts)
- There are tons of great photo ops around the fair so wear an outfit you’re excited to be photographed in.
- Accessories are your best friend. Sunglasses will shield your eyes from the sun and a hat with a brim will keep the sun off of your face! Not to mention, accessories can help take your look to the next level.
Hot weather and heavy makeup don’t mix well. But that doesn’t mean you have to go au naturale if you don’t want to. Here a few easy beauty tips for your day at the fair:
- Before even thinking about makeup, apply plenty of sunscreen to your face, arms, and legs! (Also apply it to any other areas that may be exposed: back stomach, shoulders, etc)
- Skip the full face foundation and only apply mascara and a bold lipgloss/lipstick for a high impact, sweat-proof look.
- If you do want a little coverage for blemishes or uneven skin tone, apply small dabs of your foundation to trouble spots ONLY (not your whole face) or try a tinted moisturizer!
- You’re going to be eating so many delicious things at the fair so be sure to carry your lipgloss/lipstick with you for touch-ups!
You’re all set for your stylish day at the L.A. County Fair! I hope these fashion and beauty tips were helpful. If you have any other questions about what to wear or not wear, feel free to leave them in the comment section below!
Connect with the L.A. County Fair