My wedding is only a 8 days away!
I can hardly believe how fast the time has passed. For awhile, it felt like October would never come but the last few months have sped by faster than any other period of time in my entire life. I’m so excited for the big day, and also a little nervous (walking down the aisle in heels suddenly seems like a crazy daring challenge!).
Today I am teaming up with David’s Bridal to help my fellow brides out! I’ve learned a lot on my journey to the altar and I hope this post helps relieve some of your wedding stress.
First off, as you probably have come to realize, it takes a lot of wonderful people to make a wedding happen. Family, friends, talented vendors, and of course, your bridal party. Your lovely bridesmaids will shoulder a lot of responsibility as you prepare to become a Mrs. They will take part in everything from planning your bachelorette party and bridal shower to helping you find your dream wedding dress.
A lot of brides, like myself, decide to pick out a special gift for their bridesmaids as a token of their gratitude and appreciation. I knew, without a doubt, that I wanted to get my girls a gift to thank them but finding the right item was really tough. My budget isn’t huge and I wanted it to be something everyone would like and enjoy even after the wedding.
Thankfully, I was able to find the perfect gift at David’s Bridal and I’m confident that you will too! You can view their amazing selection HERE but I also wanted to help you save some time so I picked out my top 5 favorites for you!
1) Best Bridesmaid Ever Tote $12.95 – This tote is so adorable! It reminds your girls of how amazing they are while also helping them carry everything they’ll need for the wedding day.
2) Sparkling Sequin Hanger $16.95 – This dazzling hanger adds to the excitement of the day. All of your beautiful bridesmaid dresses will look phenomenal hanging from these festive hangers.
3) Personalized Silver Twin Compact $21.00 – Through all the hugs, kisses, and tears, everyone is likely to need a moment to touch-up their makeup. This compact makes it easy with both a standard and magnified mirror. You can also engrave each one with a name or date.
4) Scripted Bridesmaid Headband $9.95 – I love the playfulness of this headband! And if you buy it early, everyone can wear it to all of the wedding events (i.e. bridal shower, bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner).
5) Embroidered Satin Robe $49.95 – These robes are perfect for those gorgeous “getting ready” photos on your big day. Plus you can add custom embroidery for no extra charge! I love how girly and elegant these silk robes look. In fact, I loved them so much I got one for each of my bridesmaids!
Once you’ve picked the perfect gift for your bridesmaids, you’re going to want them beautifully packaged. I came up with an easy to follow kraft wrapping DIY! You also won’t need a ton of supplies!
Here’s a list of everything you’ll need:
- Kraft Paper
- Roll of Burlap
- Craft Glue
- Silk Flowers
Easy DIY Directions:
1. Gather all of your supplies and prepare a work space for yourself.
2. Place your item on the kraft paper. Measure and cut-out enough paper to cover your gift.
3. You’ll need to press firmly to create creases in the paper. This will shape your package so take your time to ensure you form a straight line.
5. After folding both of your edges in make sure the back of your package is completely secure. Add more tape where needed.
6. Measure and cut a strip of burlap that it long enough to wrap around the center of the package once.
7. Next your going to add craft glue to the front middle portion of your package. Use the glue nozzle to spread it a little bit.
8. Place your burlap strip on the glue a gently press down. The glue will dry clear and become invisible so don’t worry about the little white specs you see poking through the burlap. Once this side dries (2-3 minutes) flip the package over and glue down the burlap on the back side.
9. Twine time. Cut a long piece (48in.) of twine and tie it as you would a regular ribbon. Make sure to leave extra twine in the front so that you can use it to secure your flowers.
10. Grab your silk flowers, I chose hydrangeas because they’re my favorite. I also picked up some baby’s breath to add to it. Twist a piece of twine around all of the flowers you are using, even if it’s only one. This will add a cute details to the stems while also holding the flowers together.
11. Attach your flowers to your package using the extra twine you left out.
12. Hang a name tag from the twine in the front.
13. All done! You are now ready to surprise your bridesmaids with a beautiful gift.
I hope these bridesmaid gift ideas and easy DIY help relieve some of your pre-wedding stress! I know what an exciting and emotional this is but if there’s one thing I’ve come to learn through this process, it’s that no matter how challenging this journey might be at times, you will always have your loved ones there to help and support you!
If you would like to order or browse the lovely bridal party gifts available at David’s Bridal, grab some coffee and Click Here! I also suggest checking out their wedding dress sale section, it’s full of beautiful gowns and really great prices.
This post was sponsored by David’s Bridal. All thoughts and opinions are my own.